Unique – Does your product do something different than anything else out in the marketplace? Will a consumer look at it and have a “wow” ; or “ah ha” moment?
- DRTV buyers are impulse purchasers: If your product can solve an immediate problem, or improve a lifestyle, then they are more apt to buy. The bigger or more common the problem solved, the better!
- Your product must be designed to a wide group of people. Ideally every household will need one!
- Typically products $10-$100 at retail are considered good short-form DRTV items. Products that sell in this price range are more accessible to the masses and often impulse buys.
- The better the visual demonstration of the product, the greater the chance for success. Remember, the product is the star of the commercial and has to shine bright.
- What is the believability of your product/solution? The consumer must see the product as credible. If people don’t believe it will work as advertised then they will not buy.
- A consumer must be able to understand what the product does in a relatively short amount of time. The old saying, “A picture is worth a thousand words”, is why DRTV can be so successful in selling your product.